.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, January 01, 2007

Tribute to Townes




Tonight the Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe in Galveston is hosting the 10th Annual Wake for Townes Van Zandt.

A nice tribute to Townes set to Lyle Lovett's version of Flyin' Shoes can be seen here.

Townes' music is also featured in the documentaries Be Here to Love Me (the trailer can be seen here) and Heartworn Highways (an excerpt of which can be seen here).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home