.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Gougers at the Duck

Last night I heard the Sidehill Gougers play at the Mucky Duck.

The Lonesome Heroes from Austin opened the show. The group had a nice sound featuring some very nice dobro playing. Unfortunately, a sub-par sound mix and a noisy crowd made it difficult to really hear and enjoy their singing.

The Gougers played another great show. The only negative was the (unusually for the Duck) noisy and unruly crowd. I witnessed my first ever (almost) fight at the Duck. How does someone decide to throw down during "Fort Worth Blues"?!

It was still an enjoyable show that featured a few new songs from a cd that is currently being recorded and some old favorites including: "Manheim Station", "John Henry", "It'll Get Better", "Michael", "Wallace Park Saturday" and "Dead End" among others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home