.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, July 07, 2006

Nativity of St. John the Baptist




Today is the Feast of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist according to the Julian Calendar.

Here is a homily on this Feast by St. John Maximovich of Shanghai and San Francisco.

A famous relic of St. John the Baptist is also currently on view in Russia.

Hundreds of thousands of pilgrims have venerated relic over the past few months throughout several Russian cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home