.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Interesting Read

Here is a very thought-provoking read from author Dan Simmons.

This is his fictional (at least I hope it is) take on the coming "Century war" with Islam.

As a side note...Dan Simmons is a great writer. I read a lot of his books back when I was in high school and college. I even got to meet him once or twice when he did signings in Houston at the old Future Visions store (if anyone still remembers it) and I believe at one of the ArmadilloCons in Austin.

The Hyperion books are a good place to start exploring his work.

It was also through his novel Hyperion that I gained an appreciation for the poetry of Keats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home