.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Brick




I went to see the film Brick last night at the Angelika across the street from work.

Very cool film! It was one of the most original movies I have seen in years. I highly recommend it.

If you like Noir or Dashiell Hammett then you will want to see this movie.

It is basically a classic noir detective story updated to a modern-day suburban high school setting. Very well done and original. The critics are also impressed.

One of my favorite aspects of the movie was all the great lingo that the characters used. There is even a glossary put out as part of the film's publicity.

Here are some classic lines from the film which include the following:

"Throw one at me if you want, hash head. I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me six up on the lot of you"

"Do you trust me now?"
"Less than when I didn't trust you before."

"I've got knives in my eyes, I'm going home sick."

"Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you."

Go see Brick.

For more info on Brick see here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Middleton said...

Wanted to like this film - but couldn't! My review on my blog

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home