.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, May 15, 2006

Reckless Kelly



Last night I was able to hear Reckless Kelly in concert at the Big Texas Dance Hall and Saloon in Spring.

This was another concert and venue that I just had to go check out since it was just down the road from where I live. This concert was part of an ambitious series of shows that Big Texas will be presenting over the next several weeks including Stoney Larue, Honeybrowne, and Roger Creager to name a few.

I had heard a lot of good things about Reckless Kelly but had never heard any of their music before.

They are a very impressive band. The best way to describe them that I can think of is a very hard-rocking, guitar-driven alt-country band.

You can check out some samples of their music and purchase their cds here.

They played a full two hour show nearly nonstop that was packed with plenty of hard-rockin songs with lots of great hooks. I can see now why the band is so popular and why I had heard so many recommendations. They are definitely a great group to see in concert.

The only negative was the sound system was not as good as some of the other live-music venues in town. Still it was a great opportunity to see a great band in my part of town.

I will have to check out some of the other concerts in the series. Hopefully it will be the start of a new tradition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home