.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Putin Visits ROCOR Synodal Cathedral

Recently Russian President Vladimir Putin visited the Synodal Cathedral in New York City of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.
Vladimir Putin was greeted by Metropolitan Laurus and venerated the Kursk Root icon and relics of Saints Elizabeth and Barbara. Mr. Putin also attended a moleben service before the Kursk Root icon. The Russian President offered his hopes for a successful conclusion of the ongoing discussions between the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia and the Moscow Patriarchate.
A report of the visit can be found here. Photos of the visit can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home