.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Russian Art Masterpieces come to America



The art exhibit RUSSIA! opens on September 16th at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City. This exhibit will feature over 250 masterpieces of Russian artwork from the 13th century to the present day. This will be the first time that many of these pieces of art have ever left Russia.

Highlights of the Exhibit include icons by Saint Andrei Rublev, the iconographer Dionysious, the 1514 Vladimir icon of the Theotokos, Vasilii Perov's famous portrait of Doesteyevsky, works by Ilya Repin, Dimitry Levitsky, and Marc Chagall among many others.

The exhibit runs through January 11, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home