.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, January 12, 2009

Songbird



I realize that this video has been available on youtube for over two years...but I just discovered it today.

It is one of the rare videos featuring a live performance by the incomparable Eva Cassidy.

Forgive me if you have seen this video a number of times already. If you have, it is worth watching again. If you haven’t, you really should take 5 minutes and 30 seconds to watch this sublime performance.

For those who don't know, Eva Cassidy died at the age of 33 of skin cancer. Eva and her music were not widely known during her lifetime but interest in both has increased dramatically since her death.

To this day, the Nightline story on her life and death remains the show's most popular episode ever. You can view that episode in three parts below:



Part 1



Part 2



Part 3

You can view more videos of Eva Cassidy's live performances here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first clip is a remarkable performance by Eva Cassidy...thanks for posting it.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home