.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sola Scriptura Debunked

Fr. John Whiteford gives a masterful discourse on the fallacy of Sola Scriptura (the Protestant doctrine of scripture as the final authority of Christian doctrine) here.

This talk is part of The Illumined Heart podcast series available on Ancient Faith Radio.

An article by Fr. John on Sola Scriptura can also be read here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger 123 said...

I also wrote a little something similar and used Fr. John's piece in it. My paper was specifically on the authority of Scripture in the Orthodox Church for Lutherans, in particular as it was for the Colloquium on Orthodoxy for Lutherans in Detroit 2007. If you have any interest, you can read it here:

http://orrologion.blogspot.com/2007/09/sola-corpore-christi.html

Blessed Theophany to you!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home