.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Nanci Griffith : Tecumseh Valley

This is just too beautiful not to post.

Nanci Griffith and James Hooker perform the Townes Van Zandt song "Tecumseh Valley" at the Austin City Limits tribute concert held in memory of Townes.

This is one of my favorite songs of Townes...and probably one of the saddest songs ever written.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first heard Nanci Grifith sing this song ten (?) or more years ago and I always feel moved, cry a bit.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home