.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Independence Day


Today marks an Independence Day in the Balkans that I can actually support.

: )

The Greek War of Independence began on March 25, 1821.

This was the same year that the rare event of a Kyriopascha occurred in the Orthodox Church.

Today also marks the Feast of the Annunciation on the New Calendar which the Church of Greece follows.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home