.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, May 14, 2007

Jeremiah's Lamentations




Today, according to the Julian Calendar, is the Commemoration of the Prophet Jeremiah.

The Prophet Jeremiah is the author of the Book of Jeremiah as well as the Book of Lamentations found in the Old Testament.

The "Lamentations of Jeremiah" have been a source of inspiration for composers for centuries.

The most famous of the musical settings is the Lamentations of Thomas Tallis.

There is an excellent recording of this work from the Hilliard Ensemble.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home