.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Slaid Cleaves




Last Saturday I was able to hear Slaid Cleaves in his second show of the night over at the Mucky Duck.

I had not heard Slaid perform before but I had heard some very good reviews of his last show at the Duck.

Slaid is a very entertaining singer-songwriter originally from Maine who now lives in Austin.

He played a number of songs from his latest cd Unsung. This cd is a collection of songs written by other singer-songwriter friends of Slaid's and is a refreshingly unique offering. Some of the songwriters represented include: David Olney, Adam Carroll, Michael O'Connor and Karen Poston.

Slaid was joined on stage by Michael O'Connor accompanying on guitar and singing harmony.

The set was a nice mix of many of the Unsung covers and Slaid's own songs. The songs performed included: "Devil's Lullaby", "Flowered Dresses", "Race Car Joe", "Everette", "Call it Sleep", "Wishbones", "Drinkin' Days", "Horses and Divorces" (featuring some impressive yodeling), "Heart's Break", "One Good Year", "Broke Down", "Horseshoe Lounge", "Breakfast in Hell", "Bring it On", "Lydia", "Key Chain", "Skunk Juice", "The River Flows", "29" and even a version of "You're a mean one Mr. Grinch".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home