.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, October 20, 2006

St. Jonah



Today marks the Feast Day of St. Jonah of Manchuria. It also marks the Tenth Anniversary of his Glorification.

More information on St. Jonah can be found here including: a narrative of his life, the service to St. Jonah (note the acrostic in the canon at matins), and a sermon of St. Jonah.

More information on St. Jonah (in Russian) can be found here.

Today is also the Patronal Feast Day for my parish. : )

It was truly a blessing to be able to attend the Vigil and Divine Liturgy served in commemoration of this remarkable modern day Saint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home