.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Elisabeth Schwarzkopf


The world-renowned soprano Elisabeth Schwarzkopf died yesterday at the age of 90.

Here is an obituary from the BBC.

She is remembered as one of the great Lieder and Opera singers of her time.

She is probably best remembered for her role as the Marschallin in Richard Strauss's Der Rosenkavalier and for her two recordings of Strauss's Four Last Songs.

Some of her finest recordings of these pieces can be sampled here, here and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home