.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Split Decision in New Jersey Vioxx Trial

The New Jersey Vioxx trial has ended with the jury rendering a mixed verdict.

The trial involved the cases of two different men who suffered heart attacks while taking Vioxx.

The jury found that Merck was liable in the case of one of the men and will have to pay at least $4.5 million in damages.

This article from Bloomberg has all the details.

Here is another good article from MarketWatch.com on how a mixed verdict was possible in this case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home