.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

In the Sun

Michael Stipe, lead singer of REM, has launched the "In the Sun Foundation" to help benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Through the foundation he has released a 6-track EP featuring covers of the Joseph Arthur song "In the Sun". All proceeds from the sale of the EP will go to the charity organization Mercy Corps which is involved in recovery efforts in the Gulf Coast.

Back in January Michael Stipe performed this song on an Austin City Limits broadcast with Chris Martin and Coldplay.

iTunes also has a page dedicated to this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home