.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Roguetrip

photo from www.therogues.com



Not much of a trip actually...just a short drive down to the Mucky Duck this weekend to catch the Celtic-band The Rogues.

I had been intrigued about hearing these guys for awhile. The Rogues are one of Houston area piper E.J. Jones many projects. He can often be found at the Weds. night Irish Sessions at the Mucky Duck.

There had also been some hype about this show in the local press.

Suffice it to say the show was wildly entertaining. Now I understand why they have such loyal and vocal fans.

Who would have thought that a band comprising 2 bagpipers and 2 percussionists would be such a hit.

Anyway you can check out some of there music here. Once you are hooked you can buy their recordings here. There is even a dvd available of a prior performance at the Duck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home