.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Coldplay on ACL

I just got a chance to watch Coldplay perform on tonight's episode of Austin City Limits.

Some interesting backstage footage from this performance can be seen here.

The concert was recorded only 9 days ago.

The set list was made up of the following songs:

Speed of Sound
Yellow
White Shadows
'Til Kingdom Come
Ring of Fire (Yes that Ring of Fire)
Clocks
In the Sun (joined by Michael Stipe of REM on a cover of a Joseph Arthur song)
Nightswimming (also with Michael Stipe performing the REM tune)
In my place
Fix You

It was interesting to see the respect that the band showed for the late Johnny Cash. 'Till Kingdom Come is a song that Coldplay wrote in honor of Johnny Cash. This was followed by a very nice cover of Cash's Ring of Fire.

The concert perfomance was really first rate. I am hoping to see Coldplay in concert in Houston next year when they play at the Toyota Center. They were supposed to play at the Cynthia Mitchell Woods pavillion at the Woodlands (which is an outdoor concert venue with horrible acoustics) earlier this year. The concert was canceled though due to Hurricane Rita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home