.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Sunday, November 27, 2005

From the Fathers


"Human fortunes turn quickly and reverse; their changes are swift; there is nothing steadfast, nothing fixed. Everything can easily be turned about and has a strong inclination to go in the opposite direction. What, then, could be more ridiculous than the man who gapes after the goods of the present life to which he nails himself, and who judges that they are to be held in higher honor than the eternal things which abide forever?"

St. John Chrysostom, Baptismal Instructions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home