.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

From the Fathers


We faithful ought to look upon all the faithful as one single being. We should consider that Christ is in each one. We should therefore be ready to give our life willingly for the sake of our love for Him. We have no right at all to say, or even to think, that a person is evil. As I have said, we should consider all of them good, and even if you see someone swept away by the passions, do not hate your brother, [hate instead] the passions which torment him.

St. Symeon the New Theologian, The Practical and Theological Chapters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home