.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

New Asbestos Hearing

Here is an article on a new planned hearing on the proposed asbestos compensation fund.

The hearing to be held by the Senate Judiciary Committee is tentatively scheduled for November 14th. The hearing will discuss the findings of a study by the Bates White economics consulting firm on whether the $140 billion proposed compensation fund will have sufficient funds to pay all the expected claims.

It is the opinion of this study that the fund will not be large enough to cover all the claims and would go bankrupt within only a few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home