.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Randy Weeks



"Randy Weeks is the number one most underrated songwriter in this country."


Randy Weeks
still rocks.

I saw Randy perform again Tuesday night at the Mucky Duck.

Randy was once again backed by a great lineup featuring Eric Danheim on lead guitar and Jack Saunders on bass.

Randy and the band played a great show featuring songs from all three of his cds as well as a new song thrown in for good measure.

The only disappointments were a less than ideal sound mix during the opening set and a fairly small audience turnout.

The fact that this show was not sold out was almost criminal. I did notice, however, that a number of the people who did show up included some important local and regional musicians. : )

Randy will be returning to Houston next month on the 28th to open for Joe Ely at the Verizon Theater. Now that will be a show that should not be missed!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home