.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Friday, August 25, 2006

Maynard Ferguson


Maynard Ferguson has died.

Here is an article on his passing.

I saw him perform live only once at the now closed Rockefellers in Houston.

He played an awesome show with his band Big Bop Nouveau. I was sitting at a table with some members of the Houston Symphony trumpet section. During the intermission Maynard came over and sat at our table and talked and drank with us for awhile. Then after the show we ran into him again in the parking lot by the tour bus and talked some more.

He was one of a kind and a true musical legend. He will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home