.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dallas


Last week I heard Jimmie Dale Gilmore's song Dallas performed at two different concerts. Once by Joe Ely and once by Bleu Edmondson. Both versions were great. So now I have the song stuck in my head...

Did you ever see Dallas from a DC-9 at night?

Well Dallas is a jewel, oh yeah, Dallas is a beautiful sight.

And Dallas is a jungle but Dallas gives a beautiful light.

Did you ever see Dallas from a DC-9 at night?


Well, Dallas is a woman who will walk on you when you're down.

But when you are up, she's the kind you want to take around.

But Dallas ain't a woman to help you get your feet on the ground.

Yes Dallas is a woman who will walk on you when you're down.


Well, I came into Dallas with the bright lights on my mind,

But I came into Dallas with a Dollar and a dime.


Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eye.

A steel and concrete soul with a warm hearted love disguise.

A rich man who tends to believe in his own lies.

Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes.

A mp3 sample can be heard here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home