.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

stoneposts

reports and thoughts on legal issues, music, Orthodox Christianity and/or whatever else strikes my interest

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

My name is David Stone. I live in Houston, Texas. I am a 30-something single white male. I am an Orthodox Christian and am a member of an English-language parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

Monday, July 02, 2007

James Hand

Photo Source


Last night my friend Jason and I had the privilege to hear James Hand in concert at the Mucky Duck.

I've seen him perform before with his full band but last night was a solo acoustic performance.

What an amazing performance it was!

James Hand is still the "real deal".

If you think "real" country music died out a few decades ago then you have not heard James Hand.

He played a great show last night performing several new songs that he has written for a forthcoming cd. He also played several of his older songs, along with many classics, and a few obscure gems from other classic country singers. He sang so many songs, in fact, that I can not begin to remember them all.

I am already looking forward to the next time he comes to town and to the new cd which hopefully will be out sometime next year.

You can sample some of his music here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home